USA California White Wine Chardonnay
Share A Splash! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Cannonball Chardonnay, 2019

Regular price Β£18.00 Β£0.00 Unit price per
See Delivery Info

A Californian Chardonnay with flavours of poached pear, lemon curd, yellow plum, and toasted almond. Lively and bright acidity. A kiss of peach cobbler crust and flaky vanilla-laced pastry on the finish courtesy of light toast French oak ageing.

Meet the maker: Share a Splash!

Region: California – USA

Grape(s): Chardonnay (100%)

13.5% ABV / 750ml


The grapes are sourced from Coastal California counties: Mendocino to Sonoma to Monterey.

Fog currents and wind, warm sunshine and adequate rainfall characterise each of these regions along with their suitability for growing luscious Chardonnay grapes.


The grapes are harvested in the morning hours to ensure that their flavours remain true and unaffected by the heat of the day.

They are then sent directly to a pneumatic press to liberate the juice from the berries and fermentation takes place both in oak and in stainless steel tanks.

A variety of yeast strains are used, each selected to enhance the character of a specific vineyard site.

Post-fermentation, stirring of the lees helps to build mid-palate structure and add delicate creamy buttery notes to the wine.

Blending takes place in several stages with initial small lots being combined in December following harvest and the final blend assembled in the spring so that it has time to marry and age as an ensemble prior to bottling.

In total this wine sees nine months of cellaring. 70% of the blend is French oak fermented while the remaining 30% has been fermented and aged exclusively in stainless cooperage.

Share this Product